De Kalb Town offices are located at 2907 County Route 17, De Kalb Junction, NY 13630.
De Kalb was incorporated February 21, 1806. In March, a meeting was held at the Cooper Hotel at which Isaac Stacy was appointed supervisor and Amos Comly, town clerk. The town was named for Baron De Kalb, a native of Alsace, Germany, formerly a province ceded to France. He came out with Lafayette in 1777 and performed important service under General Washington in the Revolutionary War.
The Oswegatchie River flows diagonally across the center of the town. The land in this territory was originally owned by Samuel Ogden, and by him was sold to Judge William Cooper, father of James Fenimore Cooper, the distinguished author of Cooperstown, NY.