At Cooper's Falls was formerly concentrated a little settlement and some business interests. The falls are about six feet high, and are about a mile below De Kalb Village. There Judge Cooper erected a saw mill and a grist mill in 1804-1805. Subsequently a stock company built a furnace there, the ore being obtained in the Town of Hermon. The mine was abandoned, the grist mill went to decay, and the water power now is not in use.
Old Canton Road • Route 812