banner search whats new site index home

Averill Park

Averill Park grew up in the late 1800s, primarily due to the Honorable James K. Averill who formed the Averill Park Land Improvement Company, and for whom the hamlet was named. In 1897 the hamlet had excellent hotels and a few small industries as well as a post office. It was the southeastern terminus of the Troy & New England Railroad which was built about 1895. [1]

  1. Amasa J. Parker, editor, Landmarks of Albany County New York, D. Mason & Co., Publishers, Syracuse, 1897.

Averill Park Map

Street Names
Barzen Road • Beach Lane • Burden Lake Road • Crystal Cove • Eastern Union Turnpike • House Road • Johnny Cake Lane • Old Route 66 • Orient Avenue • Route 43 • Route 66 • Tin Canal

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed. © 1997-2019 • The Gombach Group • Contact • 134224 • Privacy | Disclaimer