Ilion Village Hall is located at 49 Morgan Street, Ilion, NY 13357.
There was nothing meriting the name of a village on the site of Ilion until after the completion of the Erie Canal, yet there was a store there as early as 1816, and perhaps earlier, a fact that is attested to by shinplasters of Thomas Gillespie & Son of that date. In early years the western part of the present village was called "London." After the construction of the canal the locality was known as Morgan's Landing, while on the canal list it was noted as Steele's Creek.
The village was incorporated in 1852. By 1893 the population had reached 5,000. The Ilion Bank began operations that same year.
Nearby Towns: Frankfort Vlg • Mohawk Vlg •