Seaside Heights Borough Hall is located at 901 Boulevard, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751.
Seaside Heights was incorporated as a borough in 1913.
Seaside Heights' history as an amusement industry site began only three years after its southern portion was subdivided as a real estate venture. Three men, all members of the Grosscup family, organized the Manhasset Realty Company in 1909 (in Camden) and purchased Seaside Heights' southern beachfront property. They laid out 855 lots, advertised in Camden and Philadelphia newspapers, and began excursion trains out to the shore. In 1915, the Manhasset Realty Company, no longer just a family endeavor, was trying to liquidate its last property with a promotional auction. The amusement industry moved into Seaside Heights that same year, when the Senate Amusement Company and Joseph B. Vanderslice of Philadelphia built a gasoline powered merry-go-round and other amusements which failed in a year. Frank Freeman—a local builder and property owner—stepped in the next summer, installing an electric carousel from the Dentzel company, equipped with figures carved by Daniel Mueller. Freeman added other amusements, including an indoor dance hall, a skating rink, fishing pier, and arcades. This Freeman Amusement Center developed into a "trolley park," a destination integrally tied to rail transportation. Freeman would serve one term as mayor in 1920-1921. 
Nearby Towns: Island Heights Boro • Lavallette Boro • Pine Beach Boro • Toms River Twp •