Lavallette Borough Hall is located at 1306 Grand Avenue, Lavallette, NJ 08735.
Described in 1939 
Founded in 1877 Lavallette was named for Rear Admiral Elie A. F. Lavallette [1790-1862] of the U. S. Navy. It has little to distinguish it from other peninsular resorts.
The Lavallette area shares a common history with other barrier island beaches of central New Jersey. The earliest human inhabitants along these beaches almost certainly were Lenni-Lenape Indians, who made an annual spring migration from their inland homes to the sea to harvest the abundant fish and shellfish. They were, however, strictly summer visitors. Like most of those who followed centuries later, they forsook the shore at the first signs of autumn. 
Nearby Towns: Island Heights Boro • Mantoloking Boro • Pine Beach Boro • Seaside Heights Boro • Toms River Twp •