Beachwood Borough Hall is located at 1600 Pinewald Road, Beachwood, NJ 08722.
Beachwood Borough was incorporated in 1917 from Berkeley Township. The genesis of the boro's formation was a development established by the New York Tribune in a scheme designed to sell more newspaper subscriptions. 30,000 20' x 100' lots were platted in 1914. The newspaper promoted the lots with the announcement: Subscribe to the New York Tribune and secure a lot in beautiful Beachwood. Buy our paper for six months at 11 cents a week, and we'll throw in a lot at a special discount price.. In 1920 Beachwood had 40 permanent residents. Borough population surpassed 10,000 in the 1990s. [Borough of Beachwood, Master Plan, 2000, www.beachwoodhistoricalalliance.wordpress.com, accessed March, 2013]
Nearby Towns: Berkeley Twp • Island Heights Boro • Lacey Twp • Pine Beach Boro • Toms River Twp •