Westampton Town Hall is located at 710 Rancocas Road, Mount Holly NJ 08060.
Some of the Quakers who first inhabited Burlington County in the 1600s, settled along Rancocas Creek; the settlemet grew becoming Rancocas Village; a Friends Meetinghouse was established there in 1772. Westampton was incorporated in 1850 from the western portion of Northampton Township, thus its name "West" Hampton. The township covers 12 square miles; its southern border is formed by the Rancocas Creek. A number of brickyards operated here during the 1700s. Established in 1838, the Rancocas Post Office is still in operation. In 1825 there was a hamlet on the Rancocas called Timbuctoo (aka Bucktoe) that was established by freed black slaves. Another hamlet, Tinkertown, was located along the road that is now Route 541.
Nearby Towns: Beverly City • Bristol Boro • Burlington City • Burlington Twp • Eastampton Twp • Edgewater Park Twp • Florence Twp • Hainesport Twp • Lumberton Twp • Mount Holly Twp • Mount Laurel Twp • Willingboro Twp •