Newington Town Hall is located at 205 Nimble Hill Road, Newington, NH 03801.
Newington was settled about 1670 and soon became an important adjunct to the settlements at Portsmouth and Dover. It is embraced in what was called the Squamscut or Hilton's Point Patent. A part of Newington was claimed to lie in Dover, and a part in Portsmouth. The name Newington was given by Governor Dudley, May 12, 1714. Its bounds were settled July 28, 1714, at which time it was called a parish. It had town privileges as early as 1737, but when it was incorporated is not known for sure. Some say it was July, 1764.
"Bloody Point" originally belonged to Dover, but soon after the union which tool place August 9, 1641, it was taken from Dover and given to Portsmouth.
Nearby Towns: Dover City • Durham Town • Kittery Town • Portsmouth City •