Tilton Town Hall is located at 257 Main Street, Tilton, NH 03276.
Tilton was incorporated in 1869 from Sanbornton. It was first organized as a grant from the Masonian Proprietors in 1748. The first frame house in the town was erected by Sergeant John Sanborn in 1765, some three-quarters of a mile north of the Village of Tilton. The first store was built by a Mr. Duncan, from Concord, in 1789. The first permanent saw mill was built previous to 1775; there appears to have been a grist mill, connected with the saw mill, as early as 1766.
Nearby Towns: Franklin City • Northfield Town • Sanbornton Town •