Photo: Inn at Teardrops, ca. 1769/1880, 175 West King Street, Hillsborough Historic District, Hillsborough, NC. The Historic District was first listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973. Photographed by user:Jerrye & Roy Klotz, MD, 2007, (own work) [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed January, 2016.
The Hillsborough Historic District was first listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.
The Hillsborough Historic District  encompasses two and one-half centuries of architectural resources including representative examples of the many architectural styles that reflect that broad time frame. From Georgian and Federal style buildings dating to the late 1700s to suburban Ranch houses from the 1950s, the district presents a visual history of Hillsborough's development. Both the commercial/institutional core of Hillsborough and the surrounding residential neighborhoods are included in this expansive historic district. Beyond the principal buildings, the context and setting created by the district landscape and a variety of outbuildings, such as detached kitchens, carriage houses, garages, sheds, stables, smokehouses, and barns, also contribute to the special character of Hillsborough's historic district.
Burnside Drive • Caine Street • Calvin Street • Cameron Street North • Cameron Street South • Churton Street North • Churton Street South • Corbin Street East • Corbin Street West • Court Street • Hassel Street North • Hassel Street South • Hillsborough Avenue South • King Street East • King Street West • Margaret Lane East • Margaret Lane West • Mitchell Street • Nash and Kollock Street • Nash Street North • Nash Street South • Occoneechee Street North • Occoneechee Street South • Orange Street East • Orange Street West • Queen Street East • Queen Street West • St Marys Road • Thomas Ruffin Street • Tryon Street East • Tryon Street West • Union Street East • Union Street West • Wake Street North • Wake Street South • Warner Lane