Madison County Mississippi
Photo: Young House, ca. 1940, 3454 North Liberty Street, Canton, MS. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2008. Photographed by user:Scoutandboo (own work), 2014, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed May, 2015.
The Madison County Courthouse is located at 125 West North Street, Canton, MS 39046; phone: 601-855-5500.
Named for President James Madison, the county was created in 1828 from parts of Yazoo and Hinds counties.
Early settlers came from Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina to farm the fertile, rolling hills.
Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
LivingPlaces.com © 1997-2019 • The Gombach Group • Contact