Upper Marlboro Town Hall is located at 14211 School Lane, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772.
From the time it was established until early in the 20th century, the name of the town and district was spelled Upper Marlborough. Over time it came to be abbreviated to Upper Marlboro and is consistently spelled that way today.
The road which connected Upper Marlboro and Queen Anne was established early in the 18th century. In 1706, by act of the General Assembly, 6 towns were established in ten year old Prince George's County. Two of these six were Queen Anne on the Patuxent and Marlboro on a bend of the Western Branch at its confluence with the Collington Branch. At the time of the establishment of Prince George's County in 1696, Charles Town on the Patuxent (at the mouth of the Western Branch) had been designated as the county seat. After the establishment of Marlboro, Queen Anne and the other four port towns, business at Charles Town began to decline. County Court records indicate the growth of business and traffic in both Marlboro and Queen Anne. The opening of an ordinary in Marlboro in 1703 and at Queen Anne in 1711, and the repair of the road west of Queen Anne in 1713, testify to increasing activity in the two towns. By 1718, Marlboro had become such an active center that the inhabitants petitioned to have the County Courthouse moved there from Charles Town. The General Assembly consented to the move, and the Court met for the first time in 1721 in Upper Marlboro (so called by this time to distinguish it from Lower Marlboro in Calvert County). In 1726, a ferry was established at Queen Anne to carry passengers between Prince George's and Anne Arundel counties, and the Queen Anne ferry became the most frequent crossing point for traffic between Annapolis, the provincial capital, and Upper Marlboro.