Photo: Ernest E. Hary House, ca. 1916, 4828 West Fayetteville Road, College Park, GA. Photographed by Vincent G. Macek, n.d., Historic American Buildings Survey [HABS GA-2328], memory.loc.gov, accessed August, 2014.
College Park City Hall is located at 3667 Main Street, College Park, GA 30337.
A portion of College Park is located in Clayton County.
College Park is home to Georgia's College Park Historic District. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1996, it is the fourth largest urban Historic District in the State of Georgia.
This totally planned community was originally established in 1890 as the city of Manchester, a manufacturing town. In 1895, Cox College and Conservatory, also known as Southern Female College, moved to Manchester from La Grange in Troup County Georgia. A year later in 1896, the town was renamed College Park since it was not only the home of Cox College, but also Southern Military Academy. The new name was actually a result of contest held by city officials. Lula Roper not only had her submitted name chosen, but also received a choice lot. 
Nearby Towns: East Point City • Forest Park City • Riverdale City •