Windham Town Hall is located at 979 Mail Street, Windham CT 06226.
Organized in 1692 by a grant willed to men of Norwich by a Mohican Sachem Chief named Joshua, Windham then consisted of the present towns of Windham, Mansfield, Scotland, Chaplin, and Hampton.
The original town petitioners were Joshua Ripley, John Cates, Jeremiah Ripley, Jonathan Crane, Joseph Huntington, William Backus, Jonathan Ginnings, Thomas Huntington, Richard Hendee, John Backus and John Larrabee.
The waters of the Willimantic resulted in the area growing during the American Industrial Revolution. The many mills located along the river are a very large part of the history of the town.
Nearby Towns: Chaplin Town • Mansfield Town • Scotland Town •