Photo: Jared Cone House, ca. 1770, 25 Hebron Road, Bolton, CT. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990. Photograph by User:Sphilbrick (own work), 2010, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed March, 2014.
Bolton Town Hall is located at 222 Bolton Center Road, Bolton CT 06043.
Bolton was not opened for general settlement until 1718, but filled up rapidly so that a town was incorporated in 1720. The name was taken from Bolton in Lancashire, England.
At Bolton Center, Rochambeau's troops camped in 1781, while en route from Newport to the Hudson River.
Nearby Towns: Andover Town • Coventry Town • Rockville City • Vernon Town •