Waterford Town Hall is located at 15 Rope Ferry Road, Waterford, CT 06385.
Waterford is bounded on three sides by water: Long Island Sound, Niantic River, and Thames River.
Waterford, established as a town in 1801, is made up of the outlying parts of the original town of New London. For most of its history, Waterford continued the agricultural economy that once characterized nearly all of Connecticut, though it also developed a thriving granite industry in the 19th century, along with a scattering of other small-scale industrial enterprises. In addition to Long Island Sound, the town's coastline includes a numbers of coves and tidal estuaries that originally provided a livelihood for local fishing families and later scenic amenities that attracted well-to-do out-of-towners looking for seasonal residences. Eventually Waterford's salt-water edges were populated by summer homes ranging from clusters of middle-class cottages to mansions that rivaled those of Newport (Rhode Island).