Simsbury Town Hall is located at 933 Hopmeadow Street, Simsbury, CT 06070.
Simsbury was settled as part of Windsor in 1660. On the incorporation of the town in 1670, the earlier name Massacoe was changed to Simsbury, apparently a contractions of Simondsbury in the English county of Dorset. The village was burned by King Philip in 1676, after the inhabitants had withdrawn to Hartford on the outbreak of the Indian War.
Simsbury lies on the western edge of the Central Lowland. A river plain is bounded on the east by Talcott Mountain, through which the Farmington River cuts its way to the Connecticut River by the Tariffville Gorge. Tobacco was grown extensively in the early 20th century.
Nearby Towns: Avon Town • Bloomfield Town • Canton Town • East Granby Town •