Lemoyne Borough Hall is located at 510 Herman Avenue Lemoyne, PA 17043; phone: 717-737-6843.
Lemoyne, incorporated in 1905 from Lower Allen Township, lies across the Susquehanna River from Harrisburg. The area was once named Bridgeport (1835) and later Riverton (1888). A post office was granted but the name had to be changed to avoid confusion with Riverton, Virginia. The name Lemoyne was chosen at a town meeting to honor Charles LeMoyne, a Frenchman who had explored the Ohio River and later settled near Harrisburg.