Municipal Offices: Wormleysburg Borough 20 Market Street Wormleysburg, PA 17043; phone: 717-763-4483
Wormleysburg laid out by John Wormley, Esq. in the fall of 1815, after whom it is called; and is in East-pennsborough township, on the right bank of the Susquehanna, immediately above the Harrisburg bridge. It contains about fifty dwellings, one tavern, two grocery stores, a school house, a Methodist meeting house, and the usual number of handicrafts, common in small villages. From its peculiar situation, and being contiguous to the Cumberland Valley railroad depot, a fine lumber trade is carried on here. The principal, and best dwellings, were erected by the proprietor and his sons. It is worthy of notice that Mr. Wormley was for many years the proprietor of the Ferry known by his name. Population [in 1846] about 280.