Abraham Warner House
Located on Ashton-grant land, this residence sits on the west side of Lindenhurst Road near one branch of Core Creek. In 1763, John Ashton sold 183 acres of the northern part of the grant to Abraham Warner. Shortly thereafter, he constructed the original western stone section. Samuel Buckman bought the home in 1791. He enlarged the house, adding another stone section before 1798. Buckman occupied the house until 1826. William Janney, John Rook and Elmer Leedom owned the house in turn between 1831 and 1965 and it is likely that John Rook added the eastern section that unifies the facade and roof with the dormer windows. Various seams in the stonework mark the process of enlargement. Later stones blend with the original builder's fieldstone. The front doorway of this structure displays a beautiful example of the skill of local woodworkers.
Source: A Guide to Lower Makefield's Historic Landmarks, Lower Makefield Township, 1998.
School District: Pennsbury