William Wilson Fife, Architect [1857-1897]
William Wilson Fife [†] was a well known architect in Weber County being responsible for many buildings in that area. His accomplishments include, City Hall, Ogden, Utah; Ogden High School, North Ogden; the Fifth Ward Institute and Theatre; the John Cortez Block, Ogden; Lincoln Hotel, Ogden; residences of Lorin Farr and Joseph Stanford, Ogden, and many other stores, office buildings, banks, churches and residences to which reference can be made.
W. W. Fife served his apprenticeship under his father, William Nicole Fife, Weber County's first professional architect. He soon became a partner and when he was fifteen, he was made a clerk. Two years later, he took over the drafting department and shortly afterward his father retired, leaving his business entirely to his son. W. W. Fife played a large part in the architecture which can still be seen in Ogden today.
† Gene Taylor West, Lois Harris, Researcher, and Wilson G. Martin, Preservation Planner, Utah State Historical Society, Valasco Farr House (William Fife House), Ogden, Weber County, UT, nomination document, 1978, National Park Service, National Register of Historic Places, Washington, D.C.