Home | Whats New | Site Index | Search

Bonham City

Fannin County, Texas

Bonham City Photo

Photo: Clendenen-Carleton House, ca. 1888, 803 North Main Street, Bonham, TX. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. Photographed by user:Renelibrary (own work), 2013, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed May, 2015.

Bonham City Hall is located at 514 Chestnut Street, Bonham, TX 75418.
Phone: 903‑583‑7555.

Neighborhoods

Originally named Bois d'Arc, the city was renamed Bonham in 1844 in honor of James B. Bonham who died at the Battle of the Alamo. The city was incorporated in 1848. The Dennison, Bonham and New Orleans railway branch of the Missouri, Kansas and Texas rail line was built from Bonham to Denison by 1887. [Texas State Historical Society, www.tshaonline.org, accessed May, 2015]