Rowlett City Hall is located at 4000 Main Street, Rowlett, TX 75088.
A post office was opened here in 1880, originally named Morris, after postmaster Austin Morris and later changed to Rowlett for Rowlett Creek, a tributary of the east fork of the Trinity River. The creek, in turn, was named for Daniel Rowlett who settled in the area in the 1830s. Rowlett was incorporated in 1952.
When Lake Ray Hubbard Reservoir was completed in 1971, over the next 40 years Rowlett's population grew from less than 1,000 to more 55,000. The city has more than 30 miles of lake shoreline.
Nearby Towns: Garland City • Heath City • Rockwall City •