Highland Park Town Hall is located at 4700 Drexel Drive, Highland Park, TX 75205.
Bordered by the cities of Dallas and University Park, Highland Park was incorporated in 1913. The town was laid out around 1908 by John S. Armstrong. The name reflects the locations higher elevation. Armstrong retained Wilbur David Cook (who had planned Beverly Hills, California) to plan and structure the development. Lots went on sale in 1909.
Armstrong had purchased the land in 1907. Previous owners were Colonel Henry Exhall who held title from 1886 to 1889, Dr. John Cole who acquired the land from Texas in 1843, and Joseph Larkin Cole who inherited the property from his father in 1851.
Nearby Towns: Dallas City • Farmers Branch City •