Angleton City Hall is located at 121 South Velasco Street, Angleton, TX 77515.
The City of Angleton is located thirty miles south of Houston on State Highway 288 and enjoys the amenities of a large city, while still retaining the "small town" charm and allure of days gone by. In addition, residents of the city have access to the nearby town of Lake Jackson and the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
The City is rich in history, as Brazoria County was the heart of Stephen F. Austin's colony back when Texas was just beginning. Brazoria County was the birthplace of Texas as an independent nation when the first 300 of Austin's settlers arrived in the area back in 1821. Because the county is home to many of the events that occurred during the Texas Revolution, a sense of history remains the foundation for Angleton.
In 1896, Angleton was named the home to the county seat of Brazoria County and still retains that honor to this day. The city was originally a trading center for agriculture, but has since evolved to follow the industrial trends of Brazoria County. Because of its role in Texas history, charm and location, the City of Angleton truly is at the heart of it all.