Dandridge Town Hall is located at 131 East Main Street, Dandridge, TN 37725.
The earliest pioneers began exploration into the interior of our great county and by the close of the American Revolution in 1783 permanent settlers, many of Scots-Irish decent, had set up western outposts along the banks of the French Broad River in the area that would later become Dandridge. In 1792, William Blount, Governor of the Territory South of the Ohio River, carved out a new county named Jefferson in honor of the Secretary of State, Thomas Jefferson. Frances Dean supplied 50 acres of land for the new county seat of Dandridge, named to honor our country's first First Lady, Martha Dandridge Washington. A courthouse was built and the town prospered with some of the earliest businesses being taverns or ordinaries. These taverns provided overnight lodging to those traveling from Knoxville to Abingdon, Virginia and on to Washington. [Dandridge History, www.jeffersoncountyvacation.com, accessed October, 2013.]