Hixson is an unincorporated community which has representation holding 2 seats on the Chattanooga City Council. The Hixson post office is located at 302 Northgate Mall Drive, Hixson, TN 37343.
Originally named Lookout, Hixson was founded around 1878 along the survey line for the Cincinnati Southern Railway. A post office, named Lakeside, was established in 1880 with Ephraim Hixson serving as its first postmaster. Two merchandise stores were opened here in 1881 by members of the Hixson family. The name was changed to Hixson in 1884.
Nearby Towns: Chattanooga City • Signal Mountain Town •