Photo: Samuel Frazier House, ca. 1795, Marble Hill and Big Springs Road, Friendsville, TN. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. Photographed by User:Brian Stansberry (own work), 2010, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed January, 2015.
Friendsville City Hall is located at 105 Homecoming Circle, Friendsville, TN 37737.
The community of Friendsville was founded by a group of Quakers (known as Friends) in the western section of the county by 1800. A Friends Church was established in 1808 and a small village was centered around the church; a nearby saw and grist mill was operated by John Hackney. Around 1850, town lots were sold and a post office was opened. To meet the demand for education of the county's Quaker community, a school known as the Friendsville Academy was opened in 1857.
Nearby Towns: Louisville Town •