Photo: House at 200 Bank Street, ca. 1862, Mount Pleasant Historic District, Mount Pleasant, SC. The Historic District was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973. Photographed by User:Ammodramus (own work), 2011, [cc-by-1.0 (creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed August, 2014.
Mount Pleasant Municipal Complex is located at 100 Ann Edwards Lane, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464.
In 1803, Mount Pleasant Plantation, estate of Jacob Notte, was purchased by James Hibben who immediately surveyed 35 village lots and founded to the town of Mount Pleasant. In 1837 Mount Pleasant and Greenwich merged to form one town called Mount Pleasant.
The town developed rapidly as a summer resort for the planters of Christ Church Parish. Eventually a number of planters became permanent village residents, commuting to their country seats daily to attend to their agricultural duties. Folks from Charleston also enjoyed the summer comfort of this quaint, rural village.