Union County Courthouse is located at 103 South Second Street, Lewisburg PA 17837; phone: 570‑524‑8631.
On March 22, 1813 Union County was created from part of Northumberland County and New Berlin was designated as the seat of government for the infant county. In 1815 a parcel of land on the corner of Market and Vine streets was purchased from Christopher Seebold for sixty-seven cents as a site for the courthouse. In May of 1815 the courts and various county offices officially move to New Berlin. The new courthouse, built in a classical style typical of the period, served as a central point around which the young county developed and prospered. By the mid-nineteenth century Union County had grown to a size that it was necessary to divide it. When Snyder County was created in 1855 the center of government was moved from New Berlin to Lewisburg, a point more central to Union County. The old courthouse was given a new use as a school and was so used for nearly a century, 1855 to circa 1952.