Snyder County Courthouse is located at 9 West Market Street, Middleburg PA 17842; phone: 570‑837‑4208.
Land Use 
Snyder County is located in central Pennsylvania, bordered by the Susquehanna River on the east. There are fifteen townships and six boroughs within Snyder County. Its 332 square miles (211,000 acres) are located in the Valley and Ridge physiographic province. Mountains and steep hills make up most of the county, but some broad, sloping or nearly level areas can be found in the county's central valleys and along the Susquehanna River. At least half of the county (112,000 acres) is forested.
Snyder County is heavily involved in agronomic crop and livestock production operations. Livestock numbers have increased greatly from 1987 to 2002. Roughly 38% of Snyder County land is in cropland, pastureland and orchards. U.S. Census information shows that the population has steadily increased over the years since 1960. Estimates show that housing units per square mile is slowly increasing in the county. A large majority of Snyder County's streams (78%) flow either directly into Middle Creek, Penns Creek or the Susquehanna River. The remaining streams flow either to the Mahantango Creek or the Juniata River.
Formed March 2, 1855, named for Hon. Simon Snyder, Governor of Pennsylvania, 1808-17; three terms; noted as the first governor to urge legislation for free public schools; he was the great war governor of 1812; served in the Assembly from 1789-1808, and was speaker of the House from 1802-08; he lived at Selinsgrove. From end of Northumberland Bridge, built by Theodore Burr in 1814, on West Branch of the Susquehanna; the road leading south to Selinsgrove passes Blue Hill, noted for beautiful scenery. On top was formerly Hotel Shikellimy, burned in 1895; on one of the rocks overhanging is a natural profile named for Shikellimy, who sauntered about here. Farther on is a single arch stone bridge; for half a mile, beginning at this bridge, is a state road built by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Governor Pennypacker handled the first shovel of dirt in 1904; it was laid out first by James F. Linn in 1829, has since been extended.