Walnutport Borough Hall is located at 417 Lincoln Avenue, Walnutport, PA 18088.
At the time it was incorporated in 1909, Walnutport had a population of about 1,000. The Lehigh Canal was built in 1827-1829 by the Lehigh Coal & Navigation Company. The area around Lock #23, supporting canal related enterprises such as boat repair shops, blacksmiths, carpenters and livery stables, became known as Walnutport because of the many walnut trees that grew around this canal boat stopover. As the community grew, numerous businesses were established, including: Paris Accessories, Inc. in 1911 as a silk mill and the American Nickeloid in 1924 as an electroplating facility. The Diamond Fire Company was organized in 1893.
Nearby Towns: Bowmanstown Borough • Lehigh Twp • Slatington Boro • Washington Twp • Whitehall Twp •