Home | Whats New | Site Index | Search

New Vernon Twp, Mercer County, PA

New Vernon

The church which was founded by these settlers became a central point in that vicinity and was called Middleton and later took the name New Vernon. Here was established a post office with the title of Sandy Creek in July, 1837, being changed to New Vernon in 1851, a name it retained until the office was discontinued several years since. John M. Montgomery was the first postmaster. [1]

  1. White, J. G., editor, A Twentieth Century History of Mercer County Pennsylvania, The Lewis Publishing Company, Chicago, 1909

Street Names
Condit Road • Georgetown Road