The first settler of the village of North Liberty was Hugh Foster. His son James laid out the village on the Mercer and Butler turnpike about 1821, and during that decade a tavern, a blacksmith and wagon shop, a store, a school and a number of dwellings gave life to the little village. Robert Shaw was postmaster at the establishment of the office in 1840. 
- White, J. G., editor, A Twentieth Century History of Mercer County Pennsylvania, The Lewis Publishing Company, Chicago, 1909
North Liberty Map
Courtney Mill Road • Liberty Road North • Mercer-Butler Pike • Plaingrove Road • Route 258
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
LivingPlaces.com © 1997-2019 • The Gombach Group • Contact
• 127861 • Privacy