The village of New Hamburg has figured in the life history of many citizens of Mercer county. It is now a country place without even a post office, which was discontinued about a year ago. But at one time it was the commercial center of a considerable population, and its situation on the canal favored its growth and prosperity even to the point of rivaling some of the larger and older towns. Samuel Williamson was a settler at this place about 1820, and in 1838 Peter Beil laid out the village. This was during the building of the canal. Peter Beil, George Kamerer and Eli George were proprietors of the first store in 1840.
Baker Hill Road • Hamburg Road • Oniontown Road • Stamm Road • Stull Road