West Hempfield Town Hall is located at 3401 Marietta Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17601.
Erected from the original Hempfield Township in August, 1818. Scotch-Irish settled along Big Chickies Creek in 1718. They were closely followed by Mennonites. The history of Hempfield is eventful. Hempfield Manor was laid out for John, Thomas and Richard Penn; the township was the scene of action in "Cresap's War," 1735-1738; and many of the patriots played prominent roles in pubic affairs. The Bethels, Barbers, Wrights, Sticklers, Garbers, Bachmans and Kauffmans were early and prominent settlers. Population n 1940 was 2,747.
Nearby Towns: North Hempstead Town •