East Pikeland Township
East Pikeland Township municipal offices are located 1158 Rapps Dam Road, Kimberton PA 19442; phone 610-933-1770.
Home on Watson Hill Drive compliments of
Rory Burkhart | Keller Williams Realty-Kennett Square
610-470-6131 (direct) | 610-444-7171 (broker)
East Pikeland Township is home to 2 National Register Historic Districts and 4 individual National Register properties. These include (districts) the Kimberton Historic District and the Middle Pickering Historic District plus (individual) Rapp's Covered Bridge, Hare's Hill Road Bridge, the George Hartman House, and the Prizer's Mill Complex.
Kimberton Historic District
The Kimberton Historic District includes sixty-two buildings (including intrusions) and two structures along three eighteenth and nineteenth century roadways that helped to make the village a local education, market, and transportation center. The village is also locally significant for its namesake, Emmor Kimber, an enterprising educator who arrived here in 1817 and promptly established himself as the community's leading citizen and a prominent county figure. Kimberton's architecture reflects the village's two phases of growth. At the district's western end, around an early crossroads (now Kimberton and Hare's Hill roads), stand eighteenth and early nineteenth century stone buildings that are representative of the eighteenth century vernacular architecture of this part of Chester County. The opposite end of the district reflects the development of building lots around the post-Civil War railroad station. The regular plan and siting of houses in this section of the district are distinctive in comparison to other historic villages in northern Chester County. — More