Potter Town Hall is located at 124 Short Road, Spring Mills PA 16875.
Potter Township, one of the original townships of Centre Co., was erected at May Sessions 1774, while the territory was in Northumberland county, and was called after Gen. James Potter, one of its earliest settlers. Potter's Old Fort is within its present limits. The turnpike from Lewistown to Bellefonte runs through it from South to North, meeting the turnpike from Lewisburg at the Old Fort tavern. Its villages now are Centre Hill and Potters Mills, both post offices. Grange Park, belonging to the Patrons of Husbandry, is located within its limits, adjoining Centre Hall station on the Lewisburg and Tyrone railroad. Progress Grange, No. 96, P. of H., was organized February 12, 1873. Hon. Leonard Rhone is now general manager at the park. The township has two precincts, North and South. Population in 1850, 2216; in 1860, 2223; in 1870, 2378; in 1880, 2375; in 1890, 1764. Population of Centre Hill in 1880, 108 of Potters' Mills, 180.