According to the Bucks County Public Property Record Weir Farm is the collection of approximately 50 homes along Hatboro Road generally between New Road and Almshouse Road. About 1/5th of the homes were built between 1750 and 1947; 1/2 in the 1950s and 1960s; and about 1/3rd in the 1970s and later.
Farming on the "Weir" tract dates back to before the Civil War. The current house (now razed) was built or reconstructed in about 1890 and is a classic example of 1890's architecture. The original house was largely destroyed in the blizzard of 1888. It was purchased by Thirza and John Stackhous in 1900. John farmed the property and had a produce route to Philadelphia. Their daughter, Ester Livsey Stackhous was born there in 1904.
Harold Weir, who was born in 1902, married Ester in the living room of the house, in 1925. Their four children were born in the house. Harold, the first born, lived only 30 hours, followed by Harvey, in 1927, Margaret, in 1933 and Doris, in 1941.