In historical references to Jacksonville [†], there is a good deal of confusion about the name and location of the village. Some references describe Jacksonville's location at a place where there is no apparent evidence of a settlement. Among the past names attributed to the village are Tinkertown, Coxville, Cuckoldstown, Cuckold's Town and Cuckold's Manor. The present name of Jacksonville came into use about 1850 and was chosen in honor of Andrew Jackson.
The present village of Jacksonville is located at the intersection of Almshouse and Jacksonville Roads. A stone schoolhouse, now converted to a residence, and a few older homes are sill standing in the village. A large horse farm with a stately stone house and huge shade trees is situated on the northeastern side of Almshouse Road. Continuing development in the area can be expected to add to the already heavy traffic through the village.
† Bucks County Planning Commission, The Villages of Bucks County: A Guidebook, undated, consulted October, 2019.