Known as Stuckerts Corner for an early 19th century crossroads store owner, the name was changed in 1854 for reasons unknown. During the 1870s, the store's proprietor was William Knipe who was active in county politics. A post office was established in 1881 with L.W. Walton as postmaster. It was discontinued sometime before 1914.
Tradesville grew up around an intersection near Mill Creek. On this creek was located the gristmill owned by Samuel and John Weisel. It operated circa 1842 to 1900. Likely the creation of the mill, and the village occurred contemporaneously.
School District: Central Bucks