Photo: This 3 bedroom Ranch at 2523 Palmer Avenue was built in 1954. It was sold by Keller Williams* after being on the market ror only two weeks (14 days).
This village was originally known as Cold Spring because of its proximity to two springs. Edgely also served as a train station for the New York division of the Pennsylvania Railroad. The name Edgely was given to a large estate adjoining the station. The long edge of this property bordered on the Delaware River and this may be the source of the village's name. The first Baptist Church in Pennsylvania was founded in Edgely in 1684. The Bloomsdale Farm of the D. Landreth Seed Company was located on 540 acres between Bristol Borough and Edgely. This farm was established in 1784 making it one of the oldest seed farms in the United States.
Edgely seems to primarily consist of commercial uses and small, single-family homes. There are a few older houses in Edgely that were built in either the eighteenth or nineteenth century, but most appear to have been built in the 1950s. The village is located between two busy intersections and is surrounded by intense development.
Archambault  makes a tiny mention ... "Edgely, greenhouses where "Queen of Edgely Rose" originated; Landreth's seed farms above Bristol."
School District: Bristol Township
Street Names: Edgely Road, Grieb Avenue, Radcliffe Street, Riverview Avenue