Photo: John Sweek House, 18815 Southwest Boones Ferry Road, ca. 1858, Tualatin, OR. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974. Photographed by User:Werewombat (own work), 2008, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed December, 2013.
Tualatin City Hall is located at 18880 SW Martinazzi Avenue, Tualatin, OR 97062.
A small portion of Tualatin is located in Clackamas County. The City was incorporated in 1913.
When the Portland & Willamette Railway Company purchased right-of-way on the west bank of the Tualatin River from John Sweek in 1886, the seller used his profits to plat a town around the new railroad depot. Railroad service to Portland helped the town to expand rapidly. [Town of Tualatin, www.tualatinoregon.gov, accessed December, 2013.]
Nearby Towns: Durham City • Sherwood City • Tigard City • Wilsonville City •