Photo: Daniel Christman Homestead, circa 1850s, 2179 U.S. Route 35, Washington Township. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. Photographed by User:Nyttend (own work), 2010, [cc-by-1.0 (creative commons), accessed October, 2020.
The Preble County Courthouse is ocated at 101 E Main St # 203, Eaton, OH 45320; phone: (937) 456-8160.
Preble County was founded on March 1, 1808, from parts of Butler and Miami Counties. All of Preble County's townships (Dixon, Gasper, Gratis, Harrison, Israel, Jackson, Jefferson, Lanier, Monroe, Somers, Twin and Washington) were designated between 1808 and 1824. The State legislature granted Eaton's incorporation in 1836.