Batavia Village Hall is located at 389 East Main Street, Batavia, OH 45103.
The village that came to be known as Batavia was settled in 1797 by Ezekiel Dimmit, a Virginian who moved to the area after marrying a Kentucky woman. In the early 1800's other frontiersmen settled in the valley along the East Fork of the Little Miami River to cultivate the rich agricultural river bottom and later to pan gold found in the river bed. The settlement prospered and became a town in 1814. It became the County Seat in 1824. The town incorporated in 1842. The railroad came in 1877.