Former Lyons Village Hall was located at 76 Williams Street, Lyons NY 14489.
On January 1st, 2016 the Village of Lyons was dissolved at which point it became a hamlet within Wayne County's Town of Lyons.
In May of 1789, two bateaux (flat-bottomed boats) carrying Nicholas and William Stansell, John Featherly and their families — 12 persons in all, landed on the banks of the Clyde River just south of the present village of Lyons and became the "first" settlers. That same year, pioneers took up land in Palmyra and Macedon. A steady stream of newcomers followed, and by the early 1800's, there were settlements in almost every town of the county.
Lyons was incorporated as a village in 1833. The Erie Canal, originally cut through the center of Lyons, but was rerouted along the Clyde River in the 1850s.