Covert Town Hall is located at 8469 South Main Street, Interlaken NY 14847.
Covert was formed from Ovid in 1817; the town of Lodi was taken off from Covert in 1826. It was originally a dense wilderness, which was swept away by the axe of the woodsman. Trumansburg Creek flows through the town on its way to Cayuga Lake.
Among the early pioneers were Jonathan Woodworth and family who came from Connecticut. Mr. Woodward was an early magistrate and discharged the duties of that office for many years. The Honorable Erastus Woodworth located in the town in 1797.
Berzillar King and his sons Nathaniel, Basselar, Tertulus, Reubeu, Berzillar Jr., and John settled in the eastern part of the town in 1796 having purchased 600 acres. James Garrett, a soldier of the War of 1812, was an early settler who located soon after 1796 near Port Deposit, locally known as Frog Point.. Jacob Green settled in the year 1800.