Wilton Town Hall is located at 20‑22 Traver Road, Gansevoort NY 12831.
Photo: home in the Westbrook subdivision is typical of residential developments found throughout the town in the corridor bounded by Route 9 and Interstate 87.
Wilton was formed from Northumberland in 1818. The Palmertown Mountains extend across the northwest corner. The principal streams are Snook Kill, Bog Meadow and Cold Brooks. In 1870, near Emerson's Corners, was a spring of acidulous and carbonated water, and in the southern part of the town was a sulphur spring.
The postal village of Wilton contained, in 1870, a church, a hotel, a store, several mechanics' shops and about 20 houses.
The first settlement was made in 1774 by Rowland Perry and his sons Samuel, John, Benjamin, Absalom, Roswell, Artemas, Rowland and Joseph from Dutchess County. Among the early settlers were John Stiles, Ebenezer King, John Laing, Peter Johnson, James and William McGregor, who settled in the town in 1775. John Boyce, Robert Milligan, John Kendrick and Enoch M. Place located here in 1784.
John Laing built the first saw mill in 1784-1785, and William McGregor the first grist mill, soon after the war. Stephen King kept the first inn, and someone named Ostrom, the first store.
Near the mill pond on Snook Kill are traces of Indian occupation; pestles, broken pottery and flint arrow heads are found in abundance. 
Dudley Emerson was the first supervisor of the town.
Nearby Towns: Corinth Vlg • Moreau Town •