banner search whats new site index home

Bacon Hill

Historic village named for Ebenezer Bacon who came from Connecticut in 1794 and opened a tavern here the same year. By 1871 the village contained a church, a hotel, a store, several shops, and about a dozen houses. [1]

  1. Child, Hamilton, Gazetteer and Business Directory of Saratoga County NY and Queensbury, Warren County, for 1871, The Journal Office, 1871, Syracuse.

Bacon Hill Map

Street Names
Grange Hall Road • King Road • River Road • Route 29 • Route 32 • Stonebridge Road

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed. © 1997-2019 • The Gombach Group • Contact • 132427 • Privacy | Disclaimer